Do you want to sell antiques online? Once piece, a whole collection or go into business? With 20 years experience of selling antique online that I’ve picked up a tip or two along the way. Now it’s time to share them with you and I’ve developed a wonderful series of posts to help. This includes vintage and collectables as all have the same opportunities and drawbacks of selling online.
With so much experience on offer, you are going to benefit from reading them. Whether you are a first time seller or a seasoned pro seller I think you will find something interesting. If you want to take a look at my credentials for this then find me as AntiquesAvenue on eBay and follow the shop button at the top of this page to my website. On Twitter, I am @antiquesavenue and Antiques Avenue on Facebook. I’m even going to set up a special Facebook group where we can explore more and discuss Selling Antiques On-Line.
I’ve tried them, all angles of selling online. Each with various degrees of success and the following will be covers:
Searching for and Researching You Antiques online.
Venues for Sell Antiques OnLine :
- eBay Auctions and Shops/ Stores
- Other social media including Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
- Your own Website
- Specialist Antiques Websites
Things you need to know:
- Selling Antiques Basic Thoughts
- Photography and Antiques
- E.mail addresses, whats a good one and why it matters
- How to receive money safely to protect you and your customers
- Writing a description, how long and what to include
- Pack securely and where to obtain postal supplies
- How much to charge for postage and packaging
- Handling customer queries
- Feedback good and back – how to deal with it.
- Blogging how to and is it worth the effort?
- Selling to your home country and abroad
- When Legal Stuff Applies
- When and why you need to set up a business
- Where to buy stuff to sell on-line
- More ………..
How to make money selling Antiques online
- The business of selling
- Whats a profit?
- Am I liable for tax
- How to set up an online antique business
We may even cover how and where to buy antiques for selling online eventually.
Free of Charge
Now, this is all entirely free and will be offered here on AntiquesAvenue.com. You will find similar material on the internet but to my knowledge, this is the only set of articles specifically directed to the buying and selling of antiques, vintage and collectables. Here you will learn from someone who has been there and done that many many times.
I need to ask a favour return for all this. Please share each article you read in including this one. That’s all, it takes a few seconds for you and means that I am able to keep writing these articles. I’ve made it easy by adding the social buttons at the side of the page. For those of you that don’t know how – just click on the button where you have a social media account. Facebook would be great as would Twitter or any other. Feel free to share my photos on Pinterest and Instagram too.
Do you want to be notified when I publish the next article in the series Lets sell antiques online? Follow my blog by popping your email address in the box in the left column and I will keep you in touch.
Anyone else like Highland cattle ? Took this today at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park https://t.co/dTAGTQoXb2Follow